Redland City Council’s Parks & Conservation Crews are intending to undertake the following hazard reduction burns (weather permitting):
- Squirrel Glider Conservation Area, 8-66 McMillian Road, Alexandra Hills – Tuesday 26 May
- Scribbly Gums Conservation Area, 57A Winchester Road, Alexandra Hills – Wednesday 27 May
- Heinemann Road Conversation Area, 277-293 Heinemann Road, Mount Cotton – Thursday 28 May
- Sanctuary Drive Conservation Area, 35 Sugarglider Court, Mount Cotton – Thursday 28 May
- Bayview Conservation Area, 487-503 German Church Road, Redland Bay – Friday 29 May
Maps of each location below.
Preparation of the sites will be undertaken in the days leading up to the date of the burns, and will consist of clearing around significant logs and habitat trees. Some limited test burning may be conducted during this time.
It is appreciated that these burns may cause some inconvenience, however all attempts will be made to limit any smoke hazards. The planned burns are necessary to reduce the volume of forest litter fuel, which will assist with hazard reduction. Planned burns assist to reduce the fire danger and provide conditions essential for native regeneration.
For more information about Council’s planned burn program, please visit redland.qld.gov.au/PlannedBurns or contact Council on 3829 8999.