There are plenty of opportunities for aspiring sports stars to practise their scoring skills after Council replaced goal posts in 12 locations across Redlands Coast.
Redland City Mayor Karen Williams said sport was an important part of the community and the new posts would provide upgraded facilities at local sports grounds and open spaces.
“As part of Council’s Open Space Renewal Program, all six goal posts at Judy Holt Recreation Reserve at Birkdale were replaced,” she said.
“Three other sports fields, four kick-about areas and four basketball towers also now boast renewed posts.
“It’s important to encourage our rugby stars, soccer champions, AFL prodigies, league legends and basketball heroes to get out there and keep kicking and shooting goals.
“It is also important to provide safe sporting facilities to support the community’s physical and mental wellbeing.”
Goal and basketball posts have been replaced at:
- Birkdale – Judy Holt Recreation Reserve
- Capalaba – John Frederick Park and Tauris Road Park
- Cleveland – Oyster Point Park
- Dunwich – Ron Stark Oval
- Redland Bay – Lanyard Place Park, Sel Outridge Park and Junee Street Park
- Thornlands – Abbotsleigh Street Park
- Victoria Point – Ern & Alma Dowling Memorial Park, Les Moore Park and Orana Street Park.