CONDITIONS OF GIVE AWAY – Redland City Council
1. The Promoter of the Redland Rockabilly Revival social media competition to win five double passes (“the Competition”) is Redland City Council ABN 86 058 929 428 (“RCC”) of 91-93 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland, Queensland.
2. The Competition will commence on Friday 4 March, 2016 at 12:30pm and conclude on, Sunday 6 March, 2016 at 11:59pm (“the Competition Period”).
3. To be eligible, entrants must comment on the relevant Redland City Council Facebook page post stating why they would like to win and also ‘like’ the post. Entrants will be subject to the terms and conditions of use of the above mentioned social media channel and will need to hold their own social media account/s.
4. By entering the Competition Entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entrants must be 12 years of age or older to enter the competition.
6. Entrants over the age of 12 and under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
7. All entries must be received during the Competition Period. RCC accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including details registered but not received by RCC or delays in the delivery of the information due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
8. All entrants who are eligible under the terms and conditions of the competition will be automatically entered into the competition draw.
9. The five entrants who have completed the entry process as specified in these Terms and Conditions and who are selected through skill at the end of the Competition Period will be the winners of the Competition (“the Winners”).
10. The selection of the Winners from eligible entrants will take place at Redland City Council, 91-93 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland, Queensland at 12pm on Monday 7 March 2016.
11. Each entry will be individually judged by RCC based on, amongst other things, creativity and literary merit. The best five valid entries, as determined by or on behalf RCC will be Winners.
12. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. RCC will provide the following prize to each Winner:
a. 1 x double pass entry to the Redlands Rockabilly Revival valued at $20
14. The Prize is not redeemable for cash.
15. Eligible entrants may enter the competition more than once however each entry must be substantially unique.
16. RCC reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of RCC, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of RCC, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or RCC. RCC reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if RCC becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
17. The Winners will be notified via the social media account that was used to comment on the Facebook competition post entry, by 5pm Monday 7 March, 2016.
18. If for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
19. The Winners’ name/s may also be announced on the Council’s social media channels on Monday 7 March 2016.
20. The Winners only will be notified.
21. RCC accepts no liability in the event that the winner is unable to be contacted.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify Council. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to RCC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. RCC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. RCC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of Council, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, RCC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
26. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of RCC who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
27. RCC reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of RCC corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.