Bureau of Meteorology have issued a severe thunderstorm warning for damaging wind and heavy rainfall for south east Queensland.
Storms are forecast to affect Amity Point, southern Moreton Island and Tangalooma by 6:15 pm and Dunwich, Peel Island and Point Lookout by 6:45 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.