How ready is your family for emergencies?
Show us how ready you are and you could win one of five emergency kits valued at $80 each!
3 different ways to enter
1) Tell us what you’ve done to Get Ready by commenting on our Facebook page
2) Show us what you’ve done to Get Ready by sharing a photo on our Facebook page
3) Follow and share a photo with us on Twitter or Instagram using the words “We’re ready in [your suburb]” and the hashtag #getreadyqld
For ideas on how to Get Ready, visit the Get Ready Queensland website.
Competition closes Friday 25 October, entrants must live in the Redlands. Full terms and conditions are below.
Get Ready Queensland – If you do a little, we all accomplish a lot.
1. The Promoter of the Get Ready social media win an emergency kit competition (“the Competition”) is ABN 86 058 929 428 (“RCC”) of 91-93 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland, Queensland.
2. The Terms and Conditions of the Competition must be accepted in order to be eligible to win the Prize.
3. Entry is open to Redland City Council residents who comply with these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Competition will commence on Thursday 17 October, 2013 at 4pm and conclude on, Friday 25 October, 2013 at 4pm (“the Competition Period”).
5. To be eligible entrants must submit their photo using Facebook, Instagram or Twitter on the official Redland City Council pages using the hashtag #getreadyqld. Entrants will be subject to the terms and conditions of use of the above mentioned social media channels and will need to hold their own social media account/s.
6. Entrants must be 12 years of age or older to enter the competition.
7. Entrants over the age of 12 and under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
8. Entrants must be residents of Redland City Council area and must provide a valid residential address at time of entry.
9. All registrations must be received by Friday 25 October, 2013 at 3:59pm. RCC accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected registrations including details registered but not received by RCC or delays in the delivery of the information due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
10. All entrants who are eligible under the terms and conditions of the competition will be automatically entered into the competition draw.
11. The 5 individuals that have completed the registration process as specified in clause 5 and who are selected through skill at the end of the Competition Period will be the winners of the Competition (“the Winners”).
12. The selection of the Winners from eligible entrants will take place at Redland City Council, 91-93 Bloomfield Street, Cleveland, Queensland at 10am on Monday 28 October 2013.
13. RCC will provide the following prize to each Winners:
a. 1 x emergency kit valued at $80 each
14. The Prize is not redeemable for cash.
15. Eligible entrants may enter the competition more than once; however they cannot win more than one prize.
16. RCC reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of RCC, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Competition Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of RCC, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or RCC. RCC reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if RCC becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
17. The cost of accessing the promotional website and social media channels will be dependent on the participant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
18. The Winners will be notified by the email or social media account provided in their entry by 5pm Monday 28 October, 2013.
19. The Winners only will be notified.
20. Photo entries posted on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram may be shared across other social media and digital platforms by Redland City Council.
21. RCC’s decision is final and it will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition results.
22. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify RCC. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to RCC at email@example.com.
23. RCC shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. RCC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
24. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of RCC, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, RCC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.