Bin day/week changes
Waste, recycling and green waste collection
Residential bin collection days and/or weeks are set to change for about 1400 Redlands households, from Monday 10 March 2014.
This may affect you if you live in Alexandra Hills, Capalaba, Birkdale, Wellington Point or Victoria Point.
Collection changes and the dates they take effect will vary. Affected households should have received a letter with all the details, so check your letterbox.
Visit our website to check if this will affect you. Extra recycling collection services will be provided for some properties and details will be in the letter. If your bin has been missed and you can’t wait till the next collection day, call 3829 8999.
March Authors in Action Series
Redland Libraries offer free ‘Authors in Action’ talks each month, where authors visit and talk to members about their books, their background and their inspirations.
Don’t miss our March line-up:
- Margareta Osborn: Tuesday 11 March, 11am-12pm at Victoria Point Library. Margareta will discuss her farming and rural fire brigade experience and how it influenced her novel Mountain Ash.
- Peter Janetski: Wednesday 12 March, 6-7pm at Cleveland Library. Find out about Peter’s latest book ‘Being a Bloke’, written for Aussie men and those who live, work, love and raise them.
- Lilian White: Thursday 27 March, 11am-12pm at Russell Island Library Queensland author Lilian will discuss Emmanuel, her fictional novel about living on the edge of society as a freak and outcast.
For details visit our website, or grab a free monthly activity calendar at your next library visit.
Have your say
Proposed dog off-leash area at Amity Point
In December 2011, the Minjerribah Recreation Area (which includes Flinders Beach) was declared. As a result, Council had to close the Flinders Beach dog off-leash area at Amity Point.
Council has since worked with key stakeholders to identify two other possible locations for a dog off-leash area and is now seeking further community input.
From Monday 3 March until Friday 28 March, have your say on:
- your preferred location for a new dog off-leash area at Amity (choosing from two options), and
- whether the area should be fenced.
View the locations and find out how to have your say on our website. Posters and information is also on display around Amity Point.
Water meter readings
Time to clip back the violets! We are reading water meters in Victoria Point this week. Please make sure our water readers have clear access to your water meter.
Wednesday 5 and 19 March, General Meeting – 9.30am